Monday, September 15, 2008

Burrito recipe

So, here's a fall back recipe I use when I don't have a lot of time to cook or I will be gone for most of the day. It is my version of a Chipotle or Qdoba burrito. 
First I put 3-4 chicken breasts in a crockpot on high 3-4 hours, low 6-7 hours or just until you can shred the chicken with two forks. After shredding it I put a marinade on it. I use Lawry's baja chipotle. Then I leave it in the crock pot on low for 30 minutes or so. I cook instant rice by adding a T. butter and 2-3 T. of lime juice to the water. After the rice cooks I add some cilantro to it. I also make black beans just right out of the can and add cilantro and lime juice to that too. In addition you can also slice up your favorite bell pepper and onion and saute in a little olive oil and garlic. None of this takes very long at all. I sere all this with guacamole and/or sour cream and salsa. Everyone then assembles their burritos with whatever they wish, which is usually everything! 

No comments: