Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Things I have learned from my almost two year old!

 I truly cannot believe that I will be the mother of a two year old in 9 days (yes we are counting down to cake, as Gracie says).  As a first time mom, I wanted to do everything perfectly and teach my little girl all that I know is good and true, although throughout these past two years I have learned much more from my little Gracie girl than I could have ever imagined.  Here are just a few of the very long list. I have learned that it is OK when things do not go as planned, as they rarely do with kids, and you know what sometimes it ends up being more fun anyway! Always plan to leave 10 minutes earlier than you think if you want to be on time. A hug can cure most anything; an owie, heartbreak, just feeling blue, replacing a smile back on someone's cute little face, or letting your little one know just how proud you are of her for saying sorry without any prompting. An "Uv you" said in return to your thousandth "I love you" of the day melts your heart more than anything else in the world. 
This past weekend Gracie and I were wrapping Christmas presents. We had wrapped Eddie's and put it under the tree. As soon as Daddy came in the door, Gracie rushed with joy to show him the present she had wrapped for him. Eddie picked it up and shook it a little and said, "Wow, this must be a book!" Gracie, very confused said, "No book, movie." I definitely learned that if I want to keep a present a secret I can't let a two year old help me wrap the present. 
In our house I have learned that Santa is not only called Santa, but "Santa Baby." One day recently we were in a store and the song "Santa Baby" came on and Grace just loved it. She was dancing up and down the isles and trying to sing along. As soon as we got home I added it to the itunes Gracie play list, (which consists of Annie, Somewhere over the rainbow,etc..) Ever since then anytime that Grace will see Santa it is always Santa Baby.
I am so thankful to have this wonderful little girl in my life and thank God every morning for the privilege of spending another day with her. In two short months I will have another little girl, and I can't even imagine what I will learn then.

No comments: